Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Devotional Series on "End Times"

Whether by coincidence or divine appointment, I was given the task of sharing for four days on the topic of "End Times" at the Coronado Stone manufacturing plant in Fontana.

Yes, this happened before the great earthquake in Japan.  So, I was not trying to tie in any one global event to my times of speaking on this Biblical subject.

I just want to write about a few things that I felt compelled to share.  First, if we live according to God's ways, we will have no fear about the end of days.  Second, we must not focus exclusively on end things, otherwise we will lose sight of those thiings we need to be doing in the present time.  Third, we cannot and will not know all things about the end, whether it be about the millenium reign or tribulation or whatever.  That is the summary of my Introduction Day to the subject.

With that, let me give some truths that I expressed.  After the Introduction, I divided my devotional series into three parts for the three consecutive days, Tuesday through Thursday, at Coronado.

Part One dealt with the timeline (sequence of events) and the Tribulation.  Here are the truths presented that day:

Truth #1.  We are living in the Last Days, whether the end is tomorrow or next year or 100 years from now.
Truth #2.  God's plan for the end is good and just and exciting for believers.
Truth #3.  Everything that leads up to the end of days is proof of God's control and final victory.
Truth #4.  The time of Tribulation precedes Christ's return.
Truth #5.  God is with his people, whether in chaos or suffering or troubles or joy!

Part Two dealt wth signs of the end and the Second Coming of Christ.

Truth #1.  Jesus will return.  Those who trust the Bible do not question this.
Truth #2.  Jesus will return in glory to receive his own.
Truth #3.  Sin can only be enjoyed for a season.
Truth #4.  Great sin will precede the Second Coming.
Truth #5.  We as believers are to be watchful and prepared for the return of Jesus.
Truth #6.  The Second Coming will be powerful and amazing.

Part Three dealt with symbolism and the Rapture.

Truth #1.  All the redeemed will be gathered up in the Rapture.
Truth #2.  The full majesty of God is revealed at the end.
Truth #3.  God's purpose for creation will be finally and completely fulfilled at the end.

In summary, God wins.  Satan loses.  God people are on the winning side.  We look forward with eagerness to the "End TImes."

For anyone interested, I will forward a full transcript for each day by email.  Just write to me at revgalen@aol.com and I will send you a copy of the devotions for all four days.  Just send me $19.95 plus shipping and handling.....ha ha.  Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment