Thursday, June 21, 2012

Oklahoma and 29 Palms

Sondra and I are in Shawnee, Oklahoma, right now.  I am sitting at Jason's dining room table using my computer.  I have not had time to write my weekly blog, so I will just leave a short note.

Last weekend, our nephew Mark (from Springfield, Missouri) flew into LAX and spent three whole days with us.  We had a great time and made many more memories.  I will post some photos later.

We left this past Tuesday (with Mark in tow), heading to Oklahoma to visit all our family there.  While on the highway (Interstate 40) late that afternoon, we got a call on my phone that one of our dearest friends from 29 Palms had just passed away.  Doris Robinson, a sweet lady with a big heart and deep love for the Lord, had some health problems these past years but never stopped serving Jesus.  She taught home Bible studies twice a week, even in her last days!  I was privileged to be her pastor at Palms Baptist Church from 1986-1992.

Here is a photo from two months ago when we visited her in her home.  I will write more later.  We are leaving tomorrow to head back to 29 Palms for the funeral service on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment