Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rough Day for an Update

My friend Jim Murcray is not doing well at the moment.  Today is his 21st day in ICU.  Each day presents a different challenge, both to his medical condition and our ride on an emotional roller coaster.  It is only by the grace of God that we can hang on.  It is only by proven faith and Biblical truths that we can see that God is still in control.

It seems like time is standing still in my life.  Nothing else that is going on in the world matters.  We are focused and wrapped up in the cocoon of the ICU waiting room.  Nothing else is of much consequence, as we continue to see Jim fight one more day.

My church family has been so good.  They have stepped up to take care of the day to day things that need to be done.  A pastor friend preached for me this past Sunday.  I am rarely leaving the hospital, because of how critical the situation is.  In fact, Sondra and I slept in the ICU waiting room Saturday night with several others.

I received a book in the mail yesterday.  It is from a friend and has some interesting nuggets of truth from the author.  I am anxious to read more from it.  God is the author of all truth, and my goal is to find a Scriptural verse that is the foundation for each truth in that book.  Shouldn't be too hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment