Sunday, July 18, 2010

Catching Up

I didn't want to make the last blog too long, so I am separating this and writing again.

This last week has been memorable and interesting.  Last Sunday, we had a guest music leader with us at church.  We are currently without someone on a regular basis who leads as Jennifer (niece and Cal Baptist student) is on a long mission trip to Japan.

The previous Thursday evening, I had been invited to lead a weekly Bible study at a ladies' Sober Living House in Riverside near the Mission Inn.  Sondra went with me as I led a study on commitment and following Christ.  There was about 8 women, and they were ecstatic that I would come a lead a study just for them.  I am excited about what God is doing there.

This past Monday, we drove over to Huntington Beach as I was asked to do a wedding in the sand by Lifeguard Tower Number 11.  Jim Lunak and his fiance Katie tied the knot at about 6:30 pm that evening.  What a gorgeous evening with sunset and ocean!  Afterwards, we all went to the pier and had dinner at Ruby's Diner.  It was great fun and celebration.

On Tuesday, Sondra went with her best friend (Sharon Harrison) for a four-day "girls getaway."  They went over to Pismo Beach for a couple of days, and then down to meet two others for a couple of days at the Hilton at Mission Bay in San Diego.  Sondra is off this month from her part-time Intervention Teaching job in the school district.  She had a great time and needed that kind of break.

So, us guys (me and David and Alden) made the best of it.  Went to Chili's Restarant the first night.  David made stew the next night.  McDonald's the following night.  Pizza the next.  With a couple of coconut cream pies from Carrow's, just for good measure.

I bought a new wireless printer this week too.  I can't wait to get it hooked up and try it out.

I went to the Loma Linda VA hospital for blood tests and to pick up a machine for my sleep apnea.  My coagulation level is doing well, with taking coumadin (Warfarin) pills.  I was given the Bi-PAP machine to help me sleep well.  It is one notch above the CPAP machine, as the Bi-PAP has pressure both ways, both to inhale and exhale.  The CPAP only helps to inhale.  The doctor said I have severe sleep apnea, and this should help a great deal.

That's it for now, as I am doing last-minute preparation for Sunday worship now.

No comments:

Post a Comment