Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

This past Saturday, we were to pick up Shawn and Crystal at the LAX airport at 11:30 pm.  Knowing it would be a late hour, I was prepared to get a little less sleep and go to church the next morning.

Well, we got a call late Saturday afternoon from Crystal telling us that their flight was being delayed at least two hours.  By my calculations, we would pick them up, take them home and then return to our house probably arriving between 3 and 4 am Sunday morning before church.

It was important to pick them up, naturally, but I was concerned about staying up all night and not being at full strength and rest for church.  So, I called around and asked one of the ordained men of the church to preach for me.  He agreed readily and I felt at peace.

We picked up Shawn and Crystal a little after 1:30 am Sunday morning, drove them home and arrived at our house sometime after 3 am.  After talking and finding out about their vacation and telling them news from here, Sondra and I got to sleep after 4 am.  We slept hard and had a relaxing day, although I felt odd having not attended church!

Sondra made a buttermilk pie yeseterday afternoon.  Someone had told us about buttermilk pies, so David got on the internet and found a recipe.  It was a custardy type pie and very sweet.  We enjoyed it and are still enjoying it!

Monday I was off from work, so I had a couple of appointments with church members to attend to.  Last night (Monday) we went to dinner at Olive Garden with Mr. Kaye Freeman and his wife.  His son Greg also joined us.  It was a very relaxing weekend, all in all.

Now, it's Tuesday and back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment