Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Presentation by CVCS

This morning I got up early to head to the church to pick up two men who are vitally involved and in charge of our homeless feeding ministry at Fairmount Park near downtown Riverside.  I picked up "Big Jim" Ward and Wayne Peters to accompany me to the Chino Valley Christian School for their annual Christmas chapel service.

Some weeks back, the school asked me if they could present our church with donations for the homeless.  Of course, I agreed.  The students then voluntarily filled one-gallon plastic bags with all kinds of toiletry items (soap, toothpaste, shaving kit items, shampoo and such) as well as small Bibles and small personal gifts.  When I was on my trip a few weeks ago, I even got a call from the school telling me that Channel 9 news station in Los Angeles was coming out to film this presentation as a human interest story for the news of the day.

So, this morning we arrived at the school, had pictures taken of me with the school council and talked to the Channel 9 news reporter.


The chapel was exciting and humbling.  They thanked me for the opportunity to partner with us in our mission ministry.  In addition, a gift was presented to me by the principal of the school.  We received over 125 bags and small blankets to give out at our Christmas feeding on Thursday, December 23.  What a blessing!




Both the school principal and I were interviewed and the story may be on the Channel 9 (as well as the Channel 2 sister station) newscasts this evening.  But that is not the important thing.  The important thing is this -- it is always amazing to see how God provides for ministry needs at the right time through our network of friendships and relationships of Christian life.

No comments:

Post a Comment