Friday, August 27, 2010

Computer Hackers

It was quite embarrassing yesterday to receive a phone call from Julie, my sister-in-law.  And then to get emails and talk to others on my email list.  Apparently someone has hacked into my computer and acquired my email address list.  They sent a link on an email with my return email address.  The link was for an online Canadian pharmacy which sells prescriptions for things I would never promote.

So, I had to change my password immediately and I hope that solves the problem.  It is sad that there are those out there who intentionally take and use someone's identity and usefulness.

I had one person write me a quick email about it and said, "I knew you would not have sent it, so I deleted the email but not your reputation."  What a joy to know that my character stands for something.  These days, that is very special and humbling.

On another note, my Sebring overheated again and is back in the shop.  I drove Evan's truck to work a couple of days ago and had a blowout on the freeway going to work.  That was quite a start to my day!

It has been over 100 degrees for many days now, and I am not doing well with heat anymore.  I will certainly be glad when this heat wave cools down.

Sondra's brother (Alden) has been looking at several apartment complexes for seniors (55 years and up) and has some solid leads.  He will be hearing in the next few days about getting an apartment.  We are excited for him.

Yes, I am still working at the Census and it looks like at least another week.  I quit trying to guess when this all will end, as for as the employment with them.  I'm just enjoying the journey so far.

1 comment:

  1. Galen,

    I have had the same problem with my e-mail. Some unknown people send out things that use my e-mail address. I tried changing my password, but that did not help. Also, on my blog people will post comments which are really ads for selling C, V, and other such drugs. (I'm using just the first initial lest a filter catch these words and prevent this comment from being posted.)

    You should think about coming to Tulsa to look for work. Tulsa is the Mecca of evangelical Christianity. I would be willing to take a day and drive you around to wherever you need to go.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete