Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Downloading Sermons

Sunday was a good day.  I was quite tired from the week, but I get energized when I step in the pulpit to proclaim God's Word.  We have recently seen two young men accept Christ as their Lord and Savior and so we are planning a baptismal service for next Sunday morning.

After church, we went to Sundowners restaurant and ate.  Following that, I sat in my chair in the living room watching some sports on TV and promptly fell asleep.  It was a little before 2 pm when I started my "snooze" and Sondra woke me up at 5:30 pm, knowing that if I slept too long I would not be able to go to sleep very fast that night.  That nap felt good!

Sunday night, we watched three shows that we had taped on our DVD.  I had not watched the final episodes of last season for House, The Good Wife and Lie To Me.

Yesterday (Monday) was a slow day at my work at the Census, as we are winding down with paperwork and shipping.  In fact, at the end of the day, we clerks were instructed to not come in today until 12:30 pm.  Going home at 4:30 pm will give us a 4-hour workday today.  So, I did not have to get up early and get going.  I got up early and got on my computer!

Last night, we had  Bailey and Crystal for dinner as usual.  It is the night of the week that Shawn has to go to class for his degree program.  We had homemade tacos and I ate too much.

Alden is looking at apartments and hopes to find one by the end of the month.  David is going over to the VA Loma Linda hospital for some blood tests this morning.  Sondra is getting ready for work.  Evan just got in, as he worked the "graveyard shift" at his workplace.

Right now, I will be downloading several of my sermons that have been taped these past few weeks.  There are quite a few in our congregation who are sick at home, in the hospital or have missed some services.  They are asking for copies, and we are starting to tape the sermon each Sunday.  I am trying to figure out a way to download these onto my church website for anyone to watch as well.  I was joking with someone that I will charge $19.95 for each CD message, as seen on TV ads!  Ha ha.  Anyway, we'll see what we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment